CRC EES Management
Tailored carbon reduction services
Get just the support you need to meet carbon reduction commitments and reduce tax exposure.
Is your organisation managing the Carbon Reduction Commitment correctly? Are you confident your organisation is fully compliant, and making full use of all available exemptions? The Ameresco team has managed the CRC for numerous clients since the CRC’s launch in 2010, reducing our client’s carbon risks and saving hundreds of thousands of pounds.
The CRC-scheme, now in its second phase, is an expensive carbon tax putting significant strain on companies – both in time and money. Ameresco’s dedicated Regulatory Affairs Consultants can take this burden from you to ensure your company’s compliance, reduce your financial exposure and identify dispensations available. Combining technical engineering expertise with a thorough understanding of the regulatory landscape, Ameresco is in an ideal position to provide you with the most cost-effective solution. This can also free up your time to deal with the bigger issues relating to your site; a double benefit in many ways.
Whether you are looking for audit support, a fully managed CRC service, or a wider complete regulatory service tackling a variety of overlapping carbon and energy taxes including the CRC, we can tailor our service around your needs. An overview of our CRC service is provided below – depending on your preference we can take ownership of the whole process or support you with specific parts of the compliance cycle.
- Data management – CRC requires you to collate all power & gas consumption data for the UK financial year
- Data analysis – some energy streams can be excluded on the basis of being covered by other energy & carbon schemes, such as the EU ETS, CCA & CHPQA
- CRC reporting – to be completed in the CRC registry annually
- Forecasting – we can provide detailed cost forecast based on regulatory changes and our technical understanding of your assets
- Evidence Pack – all participants are to compile an Evidence Pack containing all underlying data for the CRC submission
- Internal & External Audits – having supported numerous clients through official audits by the EA, we know exactly what to audit and how to execute these exercises efficiently. Internal audits are required annually, whereas external audits are selected at random by the EA.
- Regulatory changes – we provide all our clients with timely updates on regulatory changes, whether these are new exemptions, new rates or other complexities affecting your exposure to the scheme